Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lost my last 2002 Saab 9-3sE key. Dealer wants1400 buck.

Customer Question
Lost my last 2002...

Lost my last 2002 Saab 9-3sE key. Dealer wants1400 buck. already got twice unit out and have two keys with transmitters that don't work. Best solution and price please?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

No backup key. The 2 keys I have unlock doors and ignition switch, but no longer t tell twice unit to allow enipgni engine to start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Saab?

9-3se convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have removed the twice unit and ready to ship it and the 2 non working keys to be mated again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pricing for various sources.. outfit in Utah want 795$ to reprogram Twice unit and my 2 keys with transmitters

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
9/25/2017
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

Hey how are you

the $795 is a good price , your other option ,is to get on ebay , buy a used module ,key , steering lock module , and computer and change all at same time ,which will make it more expensive & the $1400 is to much .off course with out the last key ,they can not reprogram any keys that is true

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

I have been waiting for answer before using an outfit in UT.. no spare keys that work.. Twice unit removed and ready for shipment to
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

what price ?

are they going give you any warranty ?

, and u send all modules in and they rebuild them , that is a good idea

Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

Saab are nightmares when keys are lost .you can buy the whole car used for $3500 .in some cases I had customers buy a junk one and take parts off of it

They reprogram the twice unit and transmitter in the keys.. 795 is so much, trying to find another solution that isn't so pricey..
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

that is $295 ,you do the work , it is not that hard

Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

$165 on this that will fit yours

Both links seems I have to replace ign.switch and door handle. What about trunk too?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

keep your key oem for trunk and door opening and use the other to start it

Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

the ignition switch you have to replace

Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

that is the cheapest solution I know of on this

Any other solutions to reprogram vs replacing everything else?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago

There is none ,

Replacing in your case sounds best option since $795 out of the question ,I m sorry if there was I would tell you

and I owned saab and replace these parts on over 20 cars over the years

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few