peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2006 Saab aero 9 3. Died while driving in heavy traffic.

Customer Question

2006 Saab aero 9 3. Died while driving in heavy traffic. Would start and die. Plugged in code reader and these are the codes: 1895, 1896, 0700, 0336, 0193, 02sensor, 02 heater, 3ready, misfire
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: No.car has been running great until this happened
JA: What is the model of your '06 Saab?
Customer: Aero 9-3 2.8 turbo
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am don't readily know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Right now the car is in limp mode.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This issue here can be caused by a failing fuel pump.If the fuel pump is acting up it will cause this type of fault here with it needing replaced.I would have the power and ground signals tested to the pump to see if these are an issue when acting up as well as the fuel pressure tested to see if this is a weak fuel pump fault.I have had to replace several fuel pumps in the past before for issues like this here.Also I would have the fault codes cleared out/erased to see if any codes come back as this will help to diagnose and locate this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey Steve,
This is Jack. One more question. Could it be the fuel pressure sensor? Much cheaper and much easier.

I apologize for the delay.

It is possible but most common is usually the fuel pump itself.I have had to replace the fuel pump in the past before for issues like this here.If you can clear out the codes then re operate the vehicle and let me know what codes come back this will help just let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete