Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2,000 Saab 95 wagon occassionally won't start. A jump

Customer Question
2,000 Saab 95 wagon...

2,000 Saab 95 wagon occassionally won't start. A jump doesn't help. It doesn't "click" when the key is turned. Eventually for no apparent reason it will fire right up like nothing was ever wrong. Battery show a good charge. I'm wondering is a neutral switch or similar might be causing a problem but dont now where to start. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Can turn the steering wheel slightly. The key is same year as the car. Somewhat worn but diesn't look really bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far I'm it. Really have got into anything other than eliminationg the battery as a suspect

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. ZOther than this has happened 3 times in the last month

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Saab
8/3/2017
Saab Mechanic: Dan, Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Dan, Mechanic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

These vehicles do have a lot of problems with the neutral switch which can cause this problem. To know for sure next time problem happens you can unplug switch and jump the white wire to the blue wire, if this allows it to start you know switch is problem. You can also try to start it in neutral to see if that helps. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Also, what is 8th digit of vin?

Dan, Mechanic