Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

I have a 2009l Saab 9-3. The problem I'm experiencing is

Customer Question
I have a 2009l Saab...
I have a 2009l Saab 9-3. The problem I'm experiencing is that the clutch peddle will not return to the "up" position once it has been depressed. I had a technical from the dealership where I originally purchased the car look at it, but after four weeks in their shop, I still have the same problem..
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Yes, I am having problems shifting .
JA: What year is your 9-3?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The mechanics at the dealership originally said it was some sort to defective "spring"
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, after theyy changed the spring with no effect; the then said that it was the "slave cylinder"; I don't know what that is . I still have the original problem
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saab
8/3/2017
Saab Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

if that pedal goes down and will not come back up and will not go into gear when acting up the issue is going to be the slave cylinder or clutch master cylinder

the physical clutch pedal should not be the issue it is more so a hydrolic issue of the clutch master or slave cylinder i am sorry to say

to change the slave cylinder the transmission must come out to be changed

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Thank you for the good information. Is it expensive to have the problem repaired ?
No. Thanks.

to replace the slave cylinder will run you @ 1000 give or take range

and if its being replaced while the transmission is out i would replace the clutch disc and the pressure plate along with the slave since you are already there

if you have any questions please ask

how are you making out ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician