Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!
22700663

2006 9-3, auto. Engine vibration and hesitation under

Customer Question

2006 9-3, auto. Engine vibration and hesitation under partial pedal acceleration. Back off the pedal a small amount and the vibrations stops. When shifting manually, smooth, fast acceleration unless you push the pedal to the point where the vibration starts.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: All original.
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, possible. I would think the issue is related to the communications between the pedal and fuel pressure.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I don't press the pedal to the point of hessitation, the car accelerates like there is no problem. It's also possible if I push the pedal to the floor, the hessitation also stops (so my son advised)
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No significant leaks. CVs intact. The issue seems to only occur with the position of the pedal, not car speed. I can accelerate and drive with no hesitation or vibration if I only press the pedal 1/3. If I shift manually, taking advantage of higher rpm, the car accelerates fast, no hesitation or vibration. If I press the pedal to the 1/2 way point,'the vibration and reduced acceleration happens. Backing off the pedal returns to normal actions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No check engine lights. The only code when I connected to the obd2 was misfire(p1312 I believe), but not sure how old. Engine runs smooth and strong except when I continue to push the pedal to accelerate past 1/3 or so.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All speeds and gears, 1/3 or less acceleration auto or manual shifting