Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mechanic replaced solenoid in shift lever. Now car won't…

Customer Question
mechanic replaced solenoid in shift...
mechanic replaced solenoid in shift lever. Now car won't recognize key?!?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Saab
8/2/2017
Saab Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the mechanic didnt check to see if anything was bumped loose or left disconnected during this repair I would have this checked first.Replacing just the shift solenoid should not have caused this here unless another component was replaced and needs programmed by a dealer or something was left unplugged or was bumped loose or damaged.I would have the work re checked to see if anything needs reconnected first.If this was done if the igniton cylinder or switch was replaced it may need programmed in order for the vehicle to recognize the key.On some models the ignition cylinder and switch need replaced at the same time to then relearn the security system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete