peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I got this message on my Saab 9.3 2008: Steering lock

Customer Question

I got this message on my Saab 9.3 2008: Steering lock malfunction make a safe stop
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 9.3 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This message is to alert to you that a fault is found with the steering lock itself.The electronic steering lock itself fails and causes this issue with it needing replaced.In some cases when the vehicle will not start or drive the vehicle will need towed in to a shop to have this replaced and the fault codes cleared out of all computers once it is replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete