Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Need to chat to someone about clutch hydraulic lines on 2006

Customer Question

need to chat to someone about clutch hydraulic lines on 2006 saab 9-3
Category: Saab
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

are you referring to this kine in the podf file I sent you

click on link to view the file

Please let me know if this what you looking for

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as I'm sure you already know, on my 9-3 2.0t model (2006), there is only one brake fluid reservoir that provides fluid to both the brakes and clutch hydraulics. So, obviously there is a line that goes from the master cylinder to the clutch master cylinder and/or slave cylinder… Right?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i need to remove which ever line that goes from the master cylinder to the clutch hydraulics. I know that at least one and is a steel line with a standard brake line fitting
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The line that is shown in the PDF that you showed me is not the line that I'm looking for I don't believe

Click on link to see how the clutch system works on this car

This is the bleeding procedure

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is this line in the picture I sent you a steel line with fittings on at least one end or is it like a braided hose or something else?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am just looking to temporarily plug the hydraulic line that comes out of the master cylinder because I want to make sure that any clutch issue that I think I may have is completely diagnosed without the slave cylinder involved. If you start off in first gear and use the starter motor to get going you can then check to make sure that it is definitely the clutch and not the hydraulics/slave cylinder
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is this the line that i'm looking for? i'm the attached pic
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my buddy who is an expert mechanic told me that if I want to make sure that the problem is just the clutch then I have to remove the slave cylinder. So, I figured just removing the hydraulics from it will achieve the same thing. He said if the clutch is still slipping when the hydraulic system is completely withdrawn from the system then it's definitely the clutch. The reason why he and I started this whole thing was because one day I went out and the clutch was almost to the floor and there was hardly any pressure. hopefully some of this makes sense because I don't want to have to remove the slave cylinder if I don't have to… You know?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry about having to conversations open… This is my first time doing this. I really apologize

no no worries

prior to the pedal going to the floor ,when you took off was the clutch pedal engaging low or high ?

from what you describing the issue is in the slave and master , now we always change them at same time since you know bleeding is hard on these

is there any fluid visible around slave or master ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
pedal was low… I understand what you're saying but as I said...to figure out if it is a hydraulic issue and not something with the actual clutch, the easiest way, again from what my buddy told me is to check it out without the hydraulics and if a clutch still slips then it's the clutch itself and if it doesn't then obviously it must be a hydraulic issue… Right?
your buddy is 100% right I agree
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't determine which line I need to plug up (only temporarily of course). it has to be a normal brake line like fitting in order for me to plug it… Right? I don't know of any Safeway to plug a hose
on brake fitting , go to local parts store and get the fitting that matches they sell them , that is how it will seal 100% .