Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

2006 Saab 9-7x 4.2. Rear air bags sagging. Pump will turn on

Customer Question

2006 Saab 9-7x 4.2. Rear air bags sagging. Pump will turn on if I use the button in trunk and is putting out air threw the port. Air bags still have some pressure in them so I don't think there leaking. I know the height sensors are common. My question is is it common for both of them to stop working at once or if one stops working will they both not work? Any info will the helpful thank you.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 12 days ago.

Hey how are you

I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet

To answer your question , not it is not common for both to go bad , the height sensor or the module ,

did you try Master reset in case was a glitch and do you gm Tech II scanner or equivalent to retrieve t codes and run test on all the air suspension system ,this how we can be accurate ?

Lets do a master reset in case it was a suspension module glitch and we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables ) if the cables dont reach you can use any electrical wire as an extension.

2- Hold cables Toghether for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start and see if it will adjust

if that do not fox it ,get it scanned and post fault cod back here for me and I will help you further

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You