Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

Electrical issue between the key and the pumps. its a Saab

Customer Question
Hi Electrical issue between the...
Hi Electrical issue between the key and the pumps. its a Saab 93 2010
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: I have checked the fuel pumps and they are working . however when i try to start from the ignition no fuel is sent from the pumps the lock button on the key is broken
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my garage is doing it. all fuel pumps have been tested independently of the car and are working correctly.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The engine cranks when you turn the key however it cannot fire due to no fuel coming from the pump. the car was parked up for 2 weeks while i was on holidays. was working fine beforehand.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Saab
6/17/2017
Saab Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I need to know if the relay has been tested and whether the pcm has been tested.

I will also need to know the vin number to pull the fuel pump wiring harness schematics to be able to walk you thru any testing needed.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager