TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have a 2008 Saab 97x aero. The Stabilitrak kicks in

Customer Question

Hi ! I have a 2008 Saab 97x aero. The Stabilitrak kicks in ramdomly when not expected like when traveling straight or on dry roads. It most often happens during acceleration from a stopped position. I have had the car in for service for this issue, but no code is being displayed so it appears that nothing is wrong. The dashboard sensor light goes on when the stabilitrak is engaged and my check engine light is off. Any thoughts??
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The light blinks while it is engaged, but then shuts off after we stop accelerating. it will kick on and off a few times before it finally shuts off. Will start up on the highway too
JA: Are you fixing your 9-7X yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I brought it to the dealer, they say with no code that its ok. Called again this morning about it and they said that there is nothing they can do without a code. Have not fixed anything myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just curious if the software for the stabilitrak is malfunctioning?
Category: Saab
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Are you taking it to the saab dealer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have brought it to Saab dealership.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will not be fixing the car myself.

hummm thats interesting, it makes me think the techs arnt qualified, if it were me I would monitor the ABS system because thats how the stibilatrak knows when to do its thing, are you also having ABS issues?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No ABS issues. the stabitrak just goes on randomly...mostly when accelerating. The dealership says nothing is wrong with it. No codes coming up. Why do you think it would it come on when car is level, in control and on dry pavement? It eventually goes off after several attempts of backing on and off of the accelerator. Can it get stuck?

well there is obviously something going on, sounds like you have a electrical issue and it needs a good run though, if that dealer dosent want to deal with it I would try to find a different one with a qualified master technician, not all dealers have good techs