Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 aero that sometimes it hesitates. I

took it to autozone to...
I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 aero that sometimes it hesitates. I took it to autozone to reade the codes and I get p0089, p0301, p0201.
I changed all ignition coils about 8k miles.
Any ideas?
5/26/2017
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

Normally when we see that trouble code- P0089- it means the fuel pump isn't putting out enough pressure, which can definitely cause a hesitation.

Do you plan to fix it yourself? Do you have a fuel pressure test gauge set?

I was told at autozone it needs a fuel pressure regulator, But not sure if even has one. It has more codes. I guess related to fuel pressure. P0089, P0200, P0300, P0301, P0304, P0306. I was wondering if what is on this video may be what I need?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS-9-e9xeE8&t=89s
Also... The Fuel gauge goes crazy... It would show no gas and then back to normal, then no gas.

If you have all of those codes then you more than likely have an issue with the fuel pump assembly. I don't think it's related to the fuel pump control module.

Give me a second to watch that video and see what it's about.

do they have a fuel pressure regulator? If so do you know the part number?

That part in the video is the fuel rail pressure regulator. I don't know that it would cause the problems you are seeing though- especially the problems you are seeing with the fuel gauge.

90% of the time when we see fuel gauges acting up it means the fuel pump assembly needs to be replaced because it is dying.

I see... I was opting the the easiest and less expensive repair as the first repair before changing the fuel pump assembly.

Do you want to tackle it yourself?

is very easy to change. I changed the ignition coils my self. I was wondering what PSI a fuel pressure test should read in these cars. Any idea?

It's not tough to change, other than dropping the fuel tank down.

It should run at 43PSI or above.

Tnx. Do you know the part number for the pressure sender?

The OEM part number on the pressure regulator is: 12582232

Here is how the fuel pump is replaced:

Yhank you much

Please don't forget to rate- that's how Just Answer compensates me for my time.

I'll be here for follow-up as needed.

Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you very much for your help..

Thanks again!

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician