Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

My 2007 9-3 Aero Conv. will sometimes not turnover when I

My 2007 9-3 Aero Conv...
My 2007 9-3 Aero Conv. will sometimes not turnover when I insert the key and turn it. I read the key remote must sit in the slot for a second before turning the key for the car to read or ID it. Could the batteries be week in both remotes, or is their signal interference, what else could it be??
ron
2/7/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see this as a fault with both remotes or the batteries in the remote if this is occuring with both remotes here.This sounds more like a fault with the electronic ignition switch acting up intermittently needing replaced or an issue with the starter motor itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen both cause this type of fault here before.I would have the starter and ignition switch tested for any issues and any issues found will need repaired to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician