john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified 16 + years experience
6149662

Just two days ago I was driving my 2011 Saab 9 5 and the

Customer Question

Just two days ago I was driving my 2011 Saab 9 5 and the "reduced engine power" light came on and my car started running rough.
JA: Have you metered out the ignition system?
Customer: on Friday I added a bit of coolant, I did add two quarts of oil ait it seemed to run blemish free for a 150 mile trip and then I was decelerating off the hwy to get gas and it started again with the Reduced Engine Power and started running rough again especially up hill. i did purchase some dry gas and will be putting this in the tank in the AM. ANY IDEAS???
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Metered out ignition system? I have not and don't understand this or how to do this right now but I am open to instructions!!!!!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a saab 9 5
Category: Saab
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 8 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

have you scanned for trouble codes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No but I do see this is quite a common issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is thus another 26.00 or is this included in the $5.00 + $26.00?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you receive the question about not scanning the codes?

its all one fee yes reduced power can pop up for several failures....do you have access to a scan tool?

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!