Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience on all models of Saabs!
22700663

2004 Saab 93 Aero 6 speed not starting or cranking. I have

Customer Question

2004 Saab 93 Aero 6 speed not starting or cranking. I have done the following. Replace the isw, icm, new battery, ecm replace and program, reprogram cim. Still not cranking nor starting. The audible sound doesn't work nor the alarm. The light flashes when I press the unlock and unlock button on the remote. The doors doesn't lock and unlock
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had fault codes checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model here at all to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No codes just don't start nor cranking

When you say ISW is this the electronic ignition switch that was replaced?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Is this an automatic transmission and if so does it start in neutral at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Manual transmission
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not starting nor cranking I don't have no neutral safety switch!!

In the engine bay fuse and relay panel do fuses 6 and 31 have power on them with the key on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wi
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yea

O.k,do any of the relays click in this fuse panel when the key is turned to the crank/start position?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relay does click
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But the light doesn't really goes off like the car is about to start

This is a tough one for me to diagnose myself from here but others may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete