Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Technician
97029787

I have a 1994 Saab in which the speedo only works

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - I have a 1994 Saab in which the speedo only works intermitently - drops out or doesn't come on at random. The SRS warning light is constantly on and the " check engine" light comes on at random times. Any suggestions other than give the car ro someone who needs an anchor for his boat.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The SRS? waarning lightr on the dash.
JA: What is the model of your '94 Saab?
Customer: 900s
JA: Are you fixing your 900S yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Saab
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today, I'm currently gathering some information and will be with you shortly.

Do you have access to a code scan to check your engine light? The SRS can be a dangerous system to diagnose and should only be attempted by a trained professional. The CEL could be a Vehicle Speed Sensor code related to the speedometer dropping out. The VSS is available at your local parts store who can also scan the code to verify the problem for you.

If this information has helped you please remember to rate my service and accept my answer, any follow up questions would be free of charge for this issue.