peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 1999 Saab 9.3 SE convertible with the top down in

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Saab 9.3 SE convertible with the top down in trunk boot. I've replaced the motor. Motor run in down position and dings when you try to raise top. Is there a reset on the computer? Message center tell me to check top in boot.
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: Nothing, no moment any where.
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, as I had the car in a fancy Europien shop and they collected $680 from me to install to install micro switches on the first section. Changed out the motor and nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a cost and how does this work?
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where do I go next
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this is a fault with one or more micro switches sending an incorrect signal.The shop may have replaced the incorrect switches or the wiring to the switches may be damaged needing repaired or replaced.I have seen this before as well here.I would also check for any damaged or bent components holding the top in place where it is now.But usually this is one of the micro switches sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a way to manually raise the top out of the boot? By the way thanks for replying to my issue, and yes I had not received a reply from Just Answer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what your telling me is this auto needs to go to the dealer.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I dont see a procedure myself on operating this manually.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further.Just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete