peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Radio will not except code detail! check engine light came

Customer Question

radio will not except code detail! check engine light came on, was a code for crank-shaft position censor. Replaced the censor. Then unhooked the battery to clear the light. When back in the car it was asking for radio code when radio was turned on, that I have BUT it would not except the code. I have used this code before and no truble . I did get the radio to play by holding in the band button as I turned on the radio, but the radio was playing on only one speecher at a time around the car. some speacher were laugher than other. I have to do this each time I start the car to get radio to play?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen the radio actually fail in some cases internally when the battery is disconnected and reconnected and not accept the code as well as operate incorrectly as you see here.What occurs in some cases is a voltage spike/surge will short out the radio internally when the battery is disconnected or reconnected unfortunately.Since you have the correct radio code and it has worked before and with the odd issue the radio is exhibiting here I suspect the radio needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete