Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

My Saab has codes of p1701, p1923 & p1925, No wiring

Customer Question
My Saab has codes of...
My Saab has codes of p1701, p1923 & p1925
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: No wiring diagram. I haven't had the chance to find one. As for the fuses, I'll check it this afternoon.
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2000 9-5
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, however this is my first time fixing a Saab. I have checked the harness in the engine compartment and verified the complaint
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I checked the codes, the car apparently went on limp mode. The car was brought to my shop with a tow truck. I turned the car on and it runs fine, however this is prone to happen again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/29/2016
Saab Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Check all fuses, need a scan tool to check for codes in the engine, tcm, and abs module. Make sure the scan tool will communicate with these modules.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Those are all the codes that came up in the scanner

Have you checked for abs codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there were none
All I have in the dash is the CEL and thof yellow triangle

I have seen problems with the wiring harness and the modules cause these codes. You will need to check the can bus wire between the tcm, ecm, and abs module. Make sure you do not have an open in the computer data line.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you provide pictures or images to help me get to these wires?

Yes. I can email you the wiring diagram.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How many diagrams will you be providing? Can you show me the location of these harnesses?

I have a diagram of the computer data lines. These wires are in the engine and trans harness.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right, but will you be providing the location to these harnesses? Engine compartment, inside the car...?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are the codes related to one another?

I cannot find the p1701 in the service manual are you sure about that number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It read something about a sensor for the transmission fluid.

Ok I will open this up to other experts as I do not have access to this dtc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I will agree to the diagram if it shows or if you can provide the location to the harness.
Saab Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best. I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information please!! vin # is needed

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech