Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

I have a 2001 Saab 93 and when it gets hot it won't start.

Customer Question
After it cools off a...
I have a 2001 Saab 93 and when it gets hot it won't start. After it cools off a bit it will then start. ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why does it not start?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The battery is good. Terminals are clean. Lots of cranking power.
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done nothing but scratch my head so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I talked to a Saab mechanic and he said it might be a sensor that checks to see that everything is lined up. He said that it might be malfunctioning when it gets hot. I let the car set about a half hour and then it will start.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still waiting to hear about my Saab.
Answered in 1 day by:
10/26/2016
Saab Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most of these models use a crank sensor for the engine rpm signal to operate with the computer for spark and/or fuel injector pulses.This sensor is common to heat up and cause a no start until the engine sits a cools anywhere from 30 seconds to an hour or more.If this sensor was not checked into or replaced this needs checked into further to see if it needs replaced to correct this fault as I suspect it may need replaced due to the common fault that fits the description of the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Pete,
Your answer agrees with what another Saab expert told me. The crank sensor has to be replaced. Isn't there a way to bypass this sensor?
Tory

Your welcome

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass this sensor on this model here without starting and running issues.It will need replaced to correct this fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician