Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

There is a clicking noise when ever i turn the ingnition on,

Customer Question
sometimes when im driving some...
there is a clicking noise when ever i turn the ingnition on, sometimes when im driving some of the climate control lights go off and on
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: coming from behind the steering wheel or dash and for about 3 days now
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 2004 93
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i changed spark plugs and ai filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think thats it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
9/15/2016
Saab Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the clicking is from behind the dash area it's most likely an actuator on the heater box. If a door in the heater box binds or an actuator fails it can cause clicking as the actuator continues to run when the door will not move.

If you change temperature, mode or between recirculation and outside air can you reproduce the clicking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually when I reduce the temp to lowest that's when the clicking comes

The noise is coming from the blend door actuator then. It could be a binding door but the problem is most likely the actuator.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how can I fix this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also the light of the temp switch goes on and off sometimes
Repair the actuator issue first if the problems started at the same time.The blend door should be checked to see if it moves correctly by hand and if ok then the actuator will need to be replaced.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician