Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

2011 saab 9-5 xwd. want to replace fuse for turn indicators

Customer Question
2011 saab 9-5 xwd....
2011 saab 9-5 xwd. want to replace fuse for turn indicators but manual does not list which fuse it is. There are four different locations and almost 100 fuses in this beast [the SPYKER product]
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. What is the model of your '11 Saab?
Customer: Four panels in this one. I have the manual. But none of the listings indicate "turn indicators". If you don't have this manual, I can send you PDF of the four pages of fuse charts.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, The manual states that if your blinker lights run normal for a few blinks then speed up, it means either the bulb is out or the fuse should be replaced. There is no problem with the lights, so I simply need to change a fuse. I just can't determine which fuse it is.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Maybe that a dealer back east advised me that they had the same problem with a 2011, and fixed it by changing this fuse/ But she was not the mechanic, and did not know nor remember which fuse it was.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
8/30/2016
Saab Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Your turn signal are controlled by the BCM (body control module and its power for them comes from the fuse #8 located in the under hood fuse panel on the left side of the engine compartment. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Turn%20sig%20Aug%2030.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ron: I was happy to get your timely response to my question.
That being said, it was not entirely correct, and after spending another half hour on this, I am
still at square one.
First of all, the body control module fuse located under the hood is actually listed as fuse # 32 in the user's manual. Fuse#8 pertains to Fuel Injection, ignition system.
So I went with Body Control Module. I removed it, then tried the turn indicator. They still worked, though the symptom of running fast after the initial cycles still occurred put that fuse back.
But I looked through the manual and saw a total of seven different fuses identified as body control units in the interior fuse box. One by one I removed and tested, then replaced each one, as there was no effect on the turn indicator symptom.
The only exception I noticed was position 23, which was listed as body control unit, but actually disengaged the ignition system, In the manual the ignition should be position 22.
Nothing in the third fuse box [trunk area] shows any indication of body control, module or unit.
So at this point, the question is still open, and the answer is elusive.
Carroll
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I clicked on talk to you live, but apparently that is in addition to the $31 dollars I have already been charged.
Don't think I should have to go to that level just to identify which fuse needs replacing. [I know, you are not the one that set up
the fee schedule],
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, Ron.
Anxious to hear what a "new" Saab Mechanic has to say.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician