Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero...how much should a spring and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Saab...
I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero...how much should a spring and strut replacement on both one and two tires cost me?
The spring on my front right tire broke and is grinding against my tire (spring could puncture tire). The mechanics are telling me they will have to replace the spring and strut and that I should replace both front tires, not just one.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
7/29/2016
Saab Mechanic: Dan, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Dan, Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** is about a hour labor and $300 for the parts. Most shops charge $100 a hour so you are looking at around $400 total. I agree that both should be replaced, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Around $400 for replacing the strut and spring on both tires? I'm being quoted $1400

That is way too much for just the front two springs/struts. I'd recommend calling up parts stores to see who has best price, buying parts yourself, then bring to shop. Here is info from manual showing book rate and costs of struts. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31xi26yvshgwc1m/struts.pdf?dl=0

Dan, Mechanic