Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

Yaw rate sensor fault code on my 2010 9-3 Aero Wagon. Yaw

Customer Question
Yaw rate sensor fault code...
Yaw rate sensor fault code on my 2010 9-3 Aero Wagon.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Yaw rate.
JA: What year is your Aerio Wagon?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2010
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: dealer suspects CIM module.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
7/23/2016
Saab Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

The yaw sensor receives power and ground and then transmits signals to the ABS module. Testing would need to be done based on what the actual code is, possible causes would be the sensor itself, a loss of power or ground, a communication bus issue or the ABS module. Most yaw sensor codes are set by a failure of the sensor itself.

Do you know what actual C code is setting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be able to find the exact code when the shop opens on Monday.-Tom

Great!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician