Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

2003 Saab 9-3SE ... My battery died (left keys in ignition)

Customer Question

2003 Saab 9-3SE ... My battery died (left keys in ignition) and so my friend came to jump me. He's an idiot and crossed wires and it started msoking. Then we get the wires right and start my car and every dash light is on. Transmission shift lights (P-R-D-3-2-1) don't come on. Drive doesn't work I have to manually shift and I can only use 2 gears. Radio woin't come on. A/C blows but isn't cold (compressor power problem?) Changed out the ABS module, tried to flash it and the mechanic said his tech2 "won't connect to ABS" .... When opening or closing roof it only closes or opens for 2 seconds before getting a fail so it took me turning off and back on my car 20 times to get my top up.
Any clue what is wrong?I was told by anoither JustAnswer guy that it was the BCM so I Bought the replacement part.I bought the part, and am trying to find the location of the BCM. I'm not finding it by the driverside kickplate like it says in the diagram provided by the last mechanic.and I've looked on my whole dash. Can you help me locate it please.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you sure you checked and or swapped out all max fuses? you have items not working that are not a body control module controlled

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea, I'm looking for the BCM, I can't find it in my car where it's supposed to be.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

you have 2 body modules, one under seat, i think drivers seat, the main BCM is behind dash, see link