Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

I have a 2008 Saab 9.3 Aero. Engine light is coming on. The

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Saab...
I have a 2008 Saab 9.3 Aero. Engine light is coming on. The issue is more than tightening the gas cap. The code is P0089. Also, at a stop light the car jumps ever 5-30 seconds. Thanks.
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: The code is P0089. I don't now what you mean by reset the code. There is a real problem as the car at idle jumps.
JA: What is the model of your '08 Saab?
Customer: 9.3 Aero
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was at the mechanic but he only had time to do an oil change and at another time wants to run diagnostics. Could something as simple as needing to replace the gas cap make the engine light go on and also make the car jump at idle?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that is all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
6/20/2016
Saab Mechanic: Dan, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Dan, Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** most likely means the fuel pump has failed which is about a $600 job to have done at a shop depending on where you go. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Dan, Mechanic