Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

I have a 1990 Saab turbo with a slight vacuum leak. I'd

Customer Question
Hi I have a 1990...
Hi I have a 1990 Saab turbo with a slight vacuum leak. I'd like to drive it tomorrow to my mechanic 100 miles away is that safe? It's hissing very slightly and only rough idles below 1.5 rpm. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
5/4/2016
Saab Mechanic: Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech replied 1 year ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
The computer will sense the lean condition and can compensate for it by increasing the pulse width to the injectors. If it is just a slight leak, there will be no problems driving it to your mechanic.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I open the hood, the hissing isn't slight. I just yesterday had the alternator replaced. I may want to drive to the place that did it nearby in the morning-would they be able to fix it within an hour or so? I maintain this car very well and I don't want to blow a gasket.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please answer
I am sorry for the delay. The shop that replaced the alternator should be able to fix the vacuum leak. It is most likely a ruptured or disconnected vacuum hose.
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech