350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

So you know about saabs? JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

So you know about saabs?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saab. The Saab Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As I was replacing buttons on my ACC unit, my vehicle was running. In the midst removing the unit my vehicles motor just stopped. I didn't think anything of it so I turned the car off, waited a minute or so then turned the car back on. It started w/out a problem. However, after getting it started gearbox malfunction is displaying on my dash. I've checked some forums, and most say that it may be a sensor or gearbox replacement.. Saab 9-3 sedan.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's not a major thing...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saab Mechanic should know about your Saab?
Customer: I bought it second hand, done regular maintenance and never had a problem... Oil change every 3000 miles...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saab Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
hello as you have an error message by far the easiest way forward is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic device to read off the fault code as this will direct you to the issue and save money and timeI'm assuming that this is the auto so check all the electrical connections of the gearbox, remove each connector in turn and spray with contact cleaner. Check that the wiring to the gearbox is in good condition with no chafing or frayed wire
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you