Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Help! our Saab 9-3 convertible is stuck and we can't get the

Customer Question

Help! our Saab 9-3 convertible is stuck and we can't get the roof back up.
Is there any way to do it manually?
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, I need to get the year of your 9-3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, it is somewhat involved so I have uploaded the directions in pdf file format for easy downloading and printing. It does include diagrams to help out Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for this, but we are still unclear how to lift the rear hatch.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, you remove the rear access panels at left and right corner of the trunk that you would remove if replace the rear bulbs. You should see a clasp/handle as show in the first diagram(see attachment for it being highlighted)- press those forward to release the soft top cover. Then lift the rear edge of it and pull it back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is - we have released the soft top, but the deck covering the soft top will not budge.
We do not know how to lift that.thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI," you remove the rear access panels at left and right corner of the trunk that you would remove if replace the rear bulbs. You should see a clasp/handle as show in the first diagram(see attachment for it being highlighted)- press those forward to release the soft top cover. Then lift the rear edge of it and pull it back" That should release the deck. What happens when you press the clasp at the rear left and right behind the access panels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not popping the deck. after releasing the soft top those handles are loose and flopping around.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Hmmm, I have not run into that before. I will opt out and see if another expert might know where the issue is. If any do, they will post in this thread to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.