Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just started getting soft top error on my 900 S Convertible,

Customer Question

Just started getting soft top error on my 900 S Convertible
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Put the top up last summer. Top was occasionally getting Check Latch error but top would still go up and down. Top is currently up and getting the Check Soft Top
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just waiting for an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get past the check soft top error?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, in order to see if there is a reset procedure or a method to retreive the fault codes to see what is failing on your softtop, I need to know the year of your 900S as I do not see that listed anywhere and year is critical in pulling up schematics and directions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1996 900 S
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, for the 1996 900S, it requires a scan tool to both reset and relearn the soft top as well as read the fault codes to diagnose it, so unfortunately unless you have a factory level scan tool, it will require a visit to the shop for this