EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My son's Saab 93 was at our mechanics home few minor

Customer Question

Hi, my son's Saab 93 was at our mechanics home for a few minor repairs. When it was ready to be picked up we were called and told it would not start and digital read stated steering lock malfunction. The mechanic cannot get the vehicle in the garage to be able to lift and get under it. Do you have any suggestions on what we can do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The key will not turn and the car will not go into neutral so it can be moved out of the driveway.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Has your mechanic tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it? I have fixed this concern several times by doing this on the 93. Please let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

ok. What year is the 93? Also make sure the brake lights are working. Try making sure the gear selector is all the way in park. Jiggle it around while trying to turn the key.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have further questions on this and also please rate my service. Thanks.