Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hazard lights will not stop flashing/ car wont start, first…

Customer Question
Hazard lights will not...

Hazard lights will not stop flashing/ car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saab. The Saab Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

First the alarm would go off at various times then I pulled the siren fuse, a few days later the hazard lights started flashing and will not start while they are flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I pulled the security alarm off that's is under the drivers side fender whell

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Saab Mechanic should be aware of about your Saab?

The driver side door lock is stuck in open

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saab
3/1/2016
Saab Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key itself or remote then see if the lights stop flashing and see if the vehicle then starts.In some cases this works here.I have seen the alarm control module fail on some saab models before in the past needing replaced.If you can post the year and model of your vehicle this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

its a saab 2001 95, unlocking and locking doesn't work, the drivers side door will not lock manually or by remote control

I apologize for the delay.

Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key/remote or key blade and see if this corrects the fault here.In some cases the computer may need to see the lock and unlock signals to turn off the alarm to correct this fault.If this was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician