Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 1999 9-3 and the brake and the abs light came on

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my son said the brake pedal seemed soft. we added a little brake fluid. It did not seem to make any difference to either the brake or the lights
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saab Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin the abs is an electrical system fitted to a standard braking system and wont affect the efficiantcy of braking system.you will need to have fault codes read from abs system to fing cause

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

This can only be done using a diagnostic scanner

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disappointed that I was told that the initial fee was 18 but the only option was 31. website railroaded me into taking the 31 basic plan. While I do not disagree with your comment that you will need more information to make any statement concerning this situation it is currently not worth my "membership" or even an 18 dollar fee. Obviously I should not have agreed to this chat in the first place. I request that my credit card not be charged at all. Mark *. ***
***-***-****
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry you have had problems im just a tech answering questions for just answer il let them know your after a refund