Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

Can i manually raise and lower the top on a 2002 9-3

Customer Question
can i manually raise and lower the top on a 2002 9-3
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saab
1/27/2016
Saab Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
A valve is located on the hydraulic unit and when it is opened, the pressure is released from the soft top cover hydraulic cylinder. To unlock the soft top cover, you must use the wheel bolt tool (in the car tool kit) to crank the soft top cover drive mechanism so that the locks release. Then you can open the soft top cover and open the soft top by hand.
WARNING: Risk for injury if the soft top is released when half open (perpendicular) as it can then fall down, either to the front or to the rear depending on its centre of gravity at that moment.
The hydraulic unit, located in the torsion box behind the rear seat, has an integrated electric pump and a valve housing as well as two relays.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician