Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When i turn the key lights come on but wont start it just…

Customer Question
when i turn the key...
when i turn the key lights come on but wont start it just kinda clicks but the lights don't dim but when jumped it starts. connections checked, battery checked all ok starter sound perfect what??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saab
1/23/2016
Saab Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

so it will only turn over with a jump start?

instantly but this probrlem is intermitten

wen it happens are you getting power to the starter? has the battery been load tested?

the battery has been tested by 2 different places and said to be good (2 year old Interstate)
when we try to start the car (this is an intermitten problem) the dash lights go somewhat dim and we hear a clicking noise.
Now I've had many dead batteries in my past and know what they can sound like, this is different

is it getting power to the starter when this happens? has a draw test been performed on the starter