peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0t and have had to replace the

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0t and have had to replace the right rear tail light socket and connectors a few times in the last 6 years. Don't get it...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The brake light, position light, and/or blinkers will fail and then come back on here randomly. after a while one of the connectors will short out the harness and socket
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Saab Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the correct bulbs were and are being used for this light assembly that continues to fail like this here.If the wrong bulb types are being used this can cause this type of issue here.

If the bulb is correct this can be due to a poor grounding for this light itself and the ground feed wire will need traced to locate any faults with it and if any issues are found they will need repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete