peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Im having an issue with my 2000 saab convertible. fluid is

Customer Question

hi,
im having an issue with my 2000 saab convertible. fluid is full, pump is good, gears are good, all lines are new, all hydraulic cylinders are rebuilt. the system has been running well since i redid all the lines but recently had some microswitch issues for my rear locks which i replaced.
I have one last issue with the sequence when i am openning/lowering the top.
Locks unlock
rear window lifts
deck lid lifts
rear window drops
tops starts to lift and stops about 1/4-1/2 way and SID says check soft top
if i switch in the opposite direction to close then open again and actually assist the raising procedure with my arm and push with good force the top opens.
I can hear the motor whining and it does sound like its struggling before it fails.
Any idea whats going on with it?
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a possible fault with another micro switch/sensor that isn't sending the correct top position signal causing this here.I have seen several of these fail/act up before and usually using a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what the sensor data values are is the best way to locate one at fault.If this has not been checked this should be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.