peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a Saab 2011 9-5. 75,000 miles. Two weeks ago the

Customer Question

I have a Saab 2011 9-5. 75,000 miles. Two weeks ago the right directional failed. A few days later the left failed. The dealer replaced the sockets and bulbs. A day later it wouldn't start. The Guage says the battery has 14.6 volts. It starts with a jump. It drives fine. It won't hold a charge. I jump the car with a portable pack since its the weekend and the dealer is closed. Any ideas?
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I try to start it there is a click. The wipers might come on, the display says rain sense on or two remotes programmed. Nothing turns over. I fear the re is a serious electrical problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Even though the battery shows a voltage there may not be enough amperage to operate the electronics in the vehicle or allow starting of the vehicle.I would have the battery and alternator tested to see if either are the cause here and the affected component replaced.
Thanks Pete