sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I am looking and gh pressure sensors on a 2001 Saab 9-3. Ac

Customer Question

I am looking for low and high pressure sensors on a 2001 Saab 9-3. Ac does not work. Works with power to AC clutch. I trace to low and high pressure lines but cnnot find the sensors or receiver/dryer
Category: Saab
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This uses a pressure sensor rather than high and low pressure switches. The pressure sensor is mounted directly to the a/c condenser. If you remove the grille and then the horns you'll find the pressure sensor mounted directly to the condenser.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found the condenser OK behind the grille with the HP port and bubble window. I do not see any senor on the condenser or wires going to the condenser.
Do you have the VIN?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a 2001 Saab 9-3 with the AC not working. The VIN is YS3DF55K912002996. The summary is AC works when 12V is applied to the compressor clutch. System pressure is OK. I do not see and sensors or wires on the condensor in front of the radiator. My thoughts were to check the pressure sensor(s) if I can find them.
There wouldn't be anything to physically check at the sensor unless an issue with it's signal was first verified. Has a scan tool been used to check the transducer signal against a gauge set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have a 2002 Saab 9-3 I can use for comparison or swap sensors if the sensor has a schrader valve connection.
What all has been removed to try and locate the sensor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to trace the AC lines by removing the grille and removng the shroud under the radiator. I was hoping to get the sensor location to save time searching for the sensor(s). My next step is to remove the battery and base as it seems there is a junction there for the refridgerant fill port.
The location is screwed into the front of the condenser on the right side. As I mentioned in my earlier post you need to remove the grille and the horns to be able to get to the sensor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pulled out the driver side headlight to get a better look at the condensor. I still do not see a sensor on the condensor or wires going to the condensor. Do I need to send pictures?I also removed the battey and battery base to better trace the hoses from the compressor. There is a junction for the LP fill port but no sensor.In summary I still have not found the AC pressure sendsor(s).
I'm showing that you're in the US, is that not correct? The driver's side would be the left side if you're in the US. The sensor is on the right side.