350matt
350matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

My wife was driving on

Customer Question

Hello, My wife was driving on the highway at 60-65mph. The turbo boost gauge spiked and the engine shut off. She got it to the shoulder and it will not start. Clicks in the engine bay and belt advances only millimeters at a time. Towed it home and took off valve cover. No apparent damage or pieces. Got engine to turn by pushing it in gear(5spd manual). Tops of cylinders look ok from shining flashlight and they are all moving. I am charging battery overnight. I also disconnected the battery and reconnected to try a reset. There are no codes showing and information center is showing no problems. Thanks
04' 9-3 w/ manual trans. 129k
Category: Saab
Expert:  350matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello for the boost gauge to spike I'd suspect that something may be mechanically wrong with the engine So I'd suggest doing a compression test across all cylinders as the next stepas they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got it running myself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was a waste of money.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DO NOT BILL ME FOR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!