peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Saab 9-7X 5.3I: Bill, I've got a 2007 Saab 97x, the oil pump

Customer Question

Bill, I've got a 2007 Saab 97x, the oil pump blew seized the motor so the original owner put a newer engine in it. Right now I'm getting a p0106 code whenever the engine tries to go into cylinder deactivation. We've checked all map sensor circuits, replaced the map, checked for vacuum leaks and it's still throwing the p0106. Any ideas? We've got a snap on solus and after several attempts at AFM it'll throw the code and the scanner will say "manifold absolute pressure sensor performance" for the reason for kicking off the AFM. Also, after it throws the code the car will perform a high pressure shift from 1-2
Category: Saab
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With a newer engine installed check and make sure all correct sensors are wired in properly as this can cause other components to act up.If there is a difference in sensors or electrical components on the two different engines this will need corrected.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete