Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to find the alarm box on a saab 9-3 2006 so i can disconnect…

Customer Question
trying to find the alarm...
trying to find the alarm box on a saab 9-3 2006 so i can disconnect it. It keeps going off randomly, mainly when its quite hot outside
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Saab
7/4/2015
Saab Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician
sorry for the delay............as I was not on when you posted this.Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The Alarm Module is built in to the BCM, which is located under the Driver DashRemove the lower Driver Dash Panel & there is a box with a "78 PIN" Plug connected to it.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Don, thanks for the response. Do you have more information, or pictures, on how to remove the lower driver dash, and what the alarm module looks like, what tools I'll need, etc? I was hoping for something more descriptive, so I'm not guessing and spending time on the wrong stuff. I'm not a mechanic, but given a decent set of instructions I can complete most jobs. Any more detail would be most appreciated.
Remove the lower Driver Dash Panel & there is a box with a "78 PIN" Plug connected to itIt is the ONLY box with a "78 PIN" PlugUnsnap Driver Sound installation panel under dashthe BCM is held by a plastic surroundclick Attachment belowNOTE: It is NOT a good idea to leave BCM unplugged for very long, as then it would need Programmed via Dealer Scan Tool