Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Saab 9-3 2.0T: Air conditioning problem. If i remove relay…

Customer Question
Air conditioning problem. If i...
Air conditioning problem. If i remove relay and manual start compressor air works. Put back relay does not work. New relay does not work. Wiring checked seems ok. Could it be the dash switch?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
7/3/2015
Saab Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin it could very well be the switch but the best port of call is to have ac. System interrogated with diagnostic equipment to see if any fault codes listed the trouble you have is that any fault in ac system will result wilts the same symptoms. The car will not power relay for many reasons i.e. low refrigerant , pressure sensor fault, temp sensor fault( inside or outside) and to save money in the long run I would do this first
Actually I noticed that when I turn on the car with the air on the compressor seems to kick in however after about a minute it goes off again. I thought it could've been low refrigerant but I call the mechanic and he assured me that he filled it to the proper level he suggests it could be the switch but the switch comes with the whole control panel but all the other buttons on the control panel are functional. The climate display panel is an expensive piece and before I purchase one I want to make sure that's the cause. do you have any other ideas?
You need to have car plugged in through diagnostic system to determine what fault is if system works then shuts of it's more likely an electrical fault. Ie pressure sensor failing. The diagnostic will show this. It sounds as though you garage is guessing and this can be an expensive way to diagnose this is the only way to be sure before replacement parts are ordered
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic