Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Saab 9-3 Aero: Ready to install a new ignition switch and key…

Customer Question
Ready to install a new...
Ready to install a new ignition switch and key in my 2004 Saab 9-3, 2 door convertible. I have the plastic walnut trim panel w/boot loose and out of the way. Also have the 2 screws removed from bottom of center console storage bin. Can't figure out what to do next to remove the existing ignition module from the center console. How do I break it loose without breaking anything? Also received a new replacement key along with the new ignition module. Will the car recognize the replacement key and allow me to turn the ignition to "start"?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Saab
6/17/2015
Saab Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER replied 3 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Hi, my name is ***** ***** floor console has to be removed from the vehicle to replace the ignition module, would you like the procedure for doing this?
Well, I sure would like the procedure outlined for me.
Don't want to force anything.
I can post the entire procedure below in a PDF file that you can donload, but as for your original question, the key will need to be reprogrammed into the CIM, column integration module, the key code is not stored in the ignition module, the ignition module just sends the signal of the key to the CIM, so it will need to be reprogrammed to the new key code, give me a second to put together the file for the procedure,Tim
Great! Sure appreciate it.
Below is the link to the PDF file, make sure you download it right away, it will only stay up for 1 day, once the console is removed, you just press the 4 tabs on the underside of the switch, and it pops right out,Tim
http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=f7dea627723843d5a12a3e4156848e9-a932f7b0b0bf1afa&targetID=2W6cmbYLK6NkBimBUflzV8YPHTZYfCY6
Is this the info you were looking for?
Do you still need help with this, if so, then dont hesitate to ask, if not, then please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping, you can always come back to this question and ask follow up question at no charge,Thanks in advance,Tim
Hello, are you there???