Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

Saab 93: Eric I have a 2007 Saab 9.3, and my ac pulley

Customer Question
Hi Eric I have a 2007...
Hi Eric
I have a 2007 Saab 9.3, and my ac pulley is dying' and I was wondering if its possible to bypass this pulley with a new shorter belt, because we never use the ac.
can you give me options please.
thank you
Anthony
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saab
6/2/2015
Saab Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI, It can be bypassed, but because this vehicle did not come without ac, there is no part number for such a belt in catalogues. So you will need to take a string and run it around the alternator pulley and crankshaft pulley to get the belt length(diagram below has this marked in red) - then go to a parts store and get one in that length.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager