peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Saab 9-5 2.3T: Saab 9-5 chugs or lurches when accelerating.

Customer Question

Saab 9-5 chugs or lurches when accelerating. at 60mph I went to pass and it stepped on it pretty good, car jerked/chugged/lurched not sure what word but lost power to accelerate. It is starting to feel like it is chugging at stops when braked. it is not stalling. I have had coils replaced 3 times in 1yr and half
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I made a typo on my email and changed it
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like a lack of fuel.I have seen restricted fuel filter cause this issue here as well as a weak fuel pump to where there is enough fuel to start and operate the vehicle but the lack of fuel to accelerate or operate in some cases causes the chug here.
I would have the fuel system tested to see if you have a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter needing replaced.If this is o.k. I would have the exhaust back pressure tested to see if there is an issue with a restricted exhaust with this fault here.
Thanks Pete