Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

2006 SAAB 93 Aero convertible.

Have a 2006 SAAB 93...

Have a 2006 SAAB 93 Aero convertible. Went out and when I came back to the car it was electrically dead, or so it seems. The key would not turn to the OFF position so it could not be removed and the Gear lever was stuck in Park. Opened the hood and pressed the reset button on the battery kill switch and all returned to normal. What could cause this??

6/30/2013
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some cases this switch itself can trigger like this when it has become weak over time and needs replaced.It can also trip if there is a short in the circuit for the battery or electronics.If the engine started right back up and the switch hasn't tripped again it may be an intermittent fault with this switch itself causing this.

I would have this checked into/tested further to be sure and if found to be a faulty switch it would then need replaced to correct this.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,

The Battery Disconnect switch is brand new. Any other ideas??

Cheers Steve

Unfortunately this sounds like there may be a short in the voltage supply system or possibly a voltage surge that had caused this here.This may need to be checked into further to try and locate the fault and once located it can be repaired.This is all of the info I have on this here,if you want I can opt out and put this question back on the list to see if others can assist more just let me know.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician