Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

Saab 9-3 2.0T: Have code po741 all forward gears work fine

Have code po741 all forward...
Have code po741 all forward gears work fine but reverse is very very weak and won't move car but on jack stands wheels turn in reverse
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2013
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
Greetings JACUSTOMER, Was fluid you drained very dark in color and did it have a burnt smell?? Also was there metal and friction material on the magnetic drain plug? Finally, how many miles are on this vehicle? Thank you, Jeffrey

130k fluid clean no metal in fluid code says clutch solenoid stuck off

Hello Nathan, Thanks for the added info. The problem with your vehicle is the solenoid pack and/or the wiring that connects to it. This is somewhat common on high mileage transmissions in this year and model. The repair procedure involves opening up the transmission, checking the wiring with a DVOM (digital volt ohm meter) and replacing the solenoid(s). As a rule it is recommended to replace all solenoids while trans is disassembled since they usually all are in the same condition and others will fail in time as well. Have your mechanic test each one for proper operation while he is testing the harness integrity. If I can assist further please let me know and I will be happy to. Thank you, Jeffrey
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician
jeffrey590
jeffrey590
jeffrey590, Master Saab Technician