Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

Replcaing engine mount in 2007 93Aero

How difficult is it to...

How difficult is it to replace the engine mounts on a 2007 9-3 Aero Sportcombi?  Is this something that I can do without special tools and with an average mechanical ability? 

6/4/2013
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

With average ability and a decent selection of normal hand tools you should be able to replace the mounts.

For the right mount you'll just need to remove the air filter box and lid to expose the mount, remove the bolts and remove the mount.

For the left mount you'll need to remove the battery and battery tray to expose the mount and remove it.

For either of these mounts you'll need to support the engine when they are loosened and removed. A floor jack under the engine and trans along with a block of wood to protect the engine should be all you'll need.

The front and rear mounts just involve removing the bolts and removing the mounts, you may have to move the engine and trans a little bit to get the bolts to line up when going back together but supporting everything won't be needed for these.

For each of the mounts they call for less than an hour of labor to replace.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician