RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I would like to send a picture of the “housing” area where…

I would like to send...
I would like to send a picture of the “housing” area where the water pump is located on my 2015 Forest River Cedar Creed Cottage 40cck. After installing a new water pump I want to confirm the two levers are in the proper position (1) for the summer with the water pump switch at the inside control panel; and (2) when I get ready to winterize it for the winter with anti-freeze. Thank you
9/23/2022
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
Jaz S.
Hi my name is ***** ***** JustAnswer and I'm here to help. May I ask who I'm assisting? I work via chat, so excepting a phone call is not necessary.
Judi
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
looking. Currently both valves are closed. Lower valve I would assume goes to the fresh tank. Should be open when using the pump to pump water from fresh tank to faucets.Hi Judi, it's my pleasure to help out. I have 20 years of RV repair experience.Then upper valve, is that hose just a loose end? That would then be the winterize hose. And thar valve to stay closed while using fresh tank.Then come winter, you'd drain the fresh tank. Close the lower valve. The open the upper and stick the free end of that hose into a gallon of RV Antifreeze. Then use pump to pump it to faucets and toilet
We don’t use the fresh water tank. This is basically a park model which does not move. Let me go outside and look which is the loose hose. Be right back to you AjaxOops! Meant Jaz. Yes upper hose and upper valve is for putting in anti-freeze bottle
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
It's ok. I've been called worse. Lolthen can leave both valves closed and simple open the top when needing to winterize
We are in an rv park on a permanent site hooked up to the park’s water so no need to fill or use fresh water tank
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
Sounds good. Any other water system questions I could help out with?
Sometimes having your iPhone automatically correct something, like your name, doesn’t always come out correctly. I believe you gave answered my question. Doing this by myself so any assistance by you is appreciated. May I assume after I do the hot water heater then I will go to the water pump door; put the hose into the anti-freeze bottle, flip the upper valve to open, turn on the water pump switch on the board in the cottage, run the hot water then cold water in the faucets in the kitchen, bathroom and shower until I see pink. How about the toilet?I am trying to put this checklist into a proper order of “events”
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
Step 1 is drain and bypass the water heaterThen use the pump to pump antifreeze to all faucets. Shower. Outside shower. And toiletDepending on size of unit will need minimum of 3 gallons
Got it. Thanks ever so much
Here is a picture of the water heater outside closet. Do you have a quickie sequence of events for winterizing this? I know that I turn off the hot water switch inside the closet and let the water in the tank cool down before I start anything
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
Turn off the power. Let coolOpen bottom.left drain fittingThen close the bottom blue line fitting. Close the top red line valvethen open the middle blue/red line valve. That is the bypass fittingcan always reach out when it gets closer to that time of season to winterize
RV Mechanic: Jaz S.,
 replied 2 months ago
I strive to provide Excellent service as RVs are my passion.
A positive review and a bonus/tip are greatly appreciated.
Please save me as a favorite Expert and reach out in the future.https://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-rv-jaz
Jaz S.
Getting ready to winterize. After I ope the middle blue/red line valve which is the bypass fitting on the hot water heater, may I ask the next steps please? Thank you